Sailserver User Manual
Creating the Sailserver account
Before you can use your Sailserver, you need to create and account, so the Sailserver can upload the data it is collecting. The Sailserver account is used to control access to your data, and sharing data with friends.
How to create the Sailserver account:
- In the Sailserver App press the Login menu in the upper right corner.
- A Login form will appear on your screen, if you don’t have an account yet, select the Signup here menu item.
- You must select a username for your account, this name will be visible within the app for other users.
- You must use an active email address, so you can receive alerts and communication from the app.
- Create a good password that is at least 10 characters long.
- When you have filled out the form, press the Signup button.
When you press the Signup button you will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed with your account.
NOTE: Because there are a lot of spam mails that have content regarding sign ups, the email from Sailserver might be classified as spam in your mail system. If you have not received the email within a few minutes, please check your spam folder in your mail client.
The email you receive contains a link to activate your account. Click the “Activate Account” link in the mail to confirm your email address.
You can now sign in on your account with your email address and password, by selecting the Login button at upper right corner of the screen.
Linking your Sailserver to your account
For the Sailserver to know what account owns the data it is collecting, it has to be linked to your account. In the upper right corner of the App, select the Menu / Account option.
- Power on your Sailserver and press the small button next to the NMEA 2000 connector.
- The Sailserver will start blinking blue, and is ready to be linked to your account
- Under your Account, select Boat.
- Select the Add Boat link.
- A form field will show, where you can add your boat name and the ID of your Sailserver.
- Find the Sailserver ID on the sticker that is located on the back of the Sailserver
- Type the ID number in the form field.
- Select Add Boat to save the Sailserver ID.
You can now mount your Sailserver and power it on, and within a few minutes you will start seeing data from your Sailserver in the App.
There is a possibility to add more information in the form about your boat, such as Boat model, Sail number, Registration number, MMSI, VHF Call sign and Home port. There is no requirement to fill out this information, but it does make it easier for others to find your boat to follow or send friend requests.
If you have added your MMSI number to your boat profile, Sailserver can send information to other services, such as Marinetraffic and Vesselfinder, and also send finished tracks to Noforeignland. If you choose to send data to these 3rd. party services, mark the checkboxes at the bottom of the form, and select Save to update your boat information.
If you have more than one boat with a Sailserver, you can add them to the same account. Just select Add boat and follow the same procedure as above.